Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sigh...


I'm trying to work on my QEQ and it's just depressing me.... k. so, diversionary story time.

I met up with my Ex Web Production Assistant for lunch and to get an interview suit (long story) where, in addition to just having the best time chatting about her primo new business venture, I was also regaled with stories of "Ah-t Hap-nings" that involved intermittent nudity, guerilla videotaping and burning/shaving off of eyebrows! I swear. Kids today are sooooooo much more hardcore than we (I) ever were....

BTW, I came to this conclusion not just because my lovely little friend remains eyebrowless and delighted with it but also because as she was telling me these stories I realized that all of this aristic dalliance was in addition to her continuing to work full-time at the HellHole, sitting on the Board of a non-pofit dance company and developing her newest business which involves selling sets of on-line set-up services to dancers who may be brillant but who are ofttimes essentially computer illiterate. Seriously. I got tired just listening to her. THEN there was the part where she also heard of a potential job for me {jotting down the url which she'd memorized}.... Man. I don't remember all that much of my youth but I seem to recall I spent more time sleeping than actually trying to effect good in the world. ;-]

No comments: