Monday, June 11, 2007

{Deep breath}And...begin


o.K. First let me say, you people should really be keeping a closer eye on me. Seriously, when left to my own devices I get into Waaaaayyyyy to much trouble.

Now then:

1) Boo got a puppy. That's right an actual tiny Beagle-mix person. He is light brown and his name is "Biscut" [that's not a misspelling BTW. I told Boo all about the extra "i" and she looked at me like I was insane...] Long story of how the puppy came to pass which I will bore each and every one of you with eventually but for now, suffice to say, went to visit the Spark's G-ma in Morgan Hill and came back with a puppy. (We're actually sort of lucky we didn't come back with a HORSE!) It's cute. I would strongly suggest everyone come visit as soon as possible and to bring the babies....

2) Met possibly THE nicest tire changing people on the planet whilst in MH.

So, we were driving back from visiting the horses and G-Ma noticed my tire was "a little low" -- well, by the time morning came around "low" had become "flat" so I decided (do not try this at home, BTW!) to see if I could get it to some tire fixing garage type of establishment so I headed out et viola! Full-on blow-out right around Mid-Nowheresville. I limped along for another block or so (I know, I know, pretty much ensuring I'll be paying for some axle re-alignment/replacement) and I saw this small group of people hanging out in front of one of those super tricked out car rim places essentially laughing at me but waving me over nonetheless.

I pulled in and before I could say "Hello, I'm an idiot" this kid was removing the busted tire and one of the more chatty gentlemen was ushering me inside the "office". We stood around a bit, shooting the proverbial sh** when one of the other gents walks in cleaning off his hands. He tells me they don't have any new tires that would fit the truck in stock but that they can order them. I told him that actually I wasn't "from around these parts" and that thanks anyway but I'd try somewhere else to which he nodded and replied "O.K. well, we put a used one on there so that'll get you aways...." And ... that was it. I stood there for a nice long minute waiting for -- oh I don't know... a CHARGE but nadda. So I said goodbye to my new friends and sort of slowly walked to the truck. Got in. Put her in reverse.... Honestly. The entire time I'm waiting for someone to say anything resembling a "So that'll be..." but nope. Just a bunch of really nice people helping out someone for the heck of it. Weird.

3) Came home Sat. afternoon just in time to have a movie date with my favorite GalPal. Not much to say about that since even I am getting a little annoyed by the sheer amounts of distraction/likingness/giggle-inducing happy feeling that chick inspires in me so.... moving on....

4) Saw the big kid do a dance with her class. A-Dor-Rable! Sad too because all the kids are just so freaking grown up!{sniff}

and lastly

4) Had an interview today with a very cool company which I originally didn't think sounded very interesting (I KNOW! Who's going around acting like she doesn't desperately need a job!) but which upon explanation actually seems like it'd be "a great fit for my skillset" so.... we'll see. I have another interview with some other folks on Wed. which is also with what seems to be a very nice/fun company so feeling o.k. in term of prospects right this second... (Yay)

Now.... if I can only get my Qual. Question paper written by Thursday (meaning basically done TOMORROW) then my world as I know it will be not unlike Mary Poppins....!

No comments: