Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Is it 8:00pm yet?


{sigh} I'm tired of editing...

K. enough of that.

So, I was getting my coffee this morning and this guy who I always see when I go to this place next to Spark's kidcare but whose name escapes me, asked if I was "dating" anyone. Now, first off I've seen him there with his wife and kid so I doubt he was interested for himself but it struck me as odd because I hadn't actually thought about what i'm doing as "dating" -- i mean, sure, there are "dates" involved but i guess it just never occurred to me to apply that word to the sitch. It seems like if you're dating someone you should be going out to dinner and on outings and stuff. Which, I guess technically fits. I dunno. Maybe I'm just being weird. It just seems like "being driven to distraction" or "lusting after" or "trying to convince her to like me back" or "finally, dear God, getting to see her tonight" all of these phrases fit the bill a little more closely. Anyway, we ended up having a nice long conversation about dating in general and my dating in particular. Very nice/cute. He wished me luck.

No comments: