Monday, June 04, 2007

Probably about time...


O.K. so it's been awhile since I went off on a major rant re: CP, so here goes....

First off -- when you tell your kid that she can have a puppy when she's 12/when you move into your "new house" then proceed to talk about puppies ALL THE TIME, then go on-line and find pictures of puppies, then pick out a specific breed and do all sorts of research on that breed -- Do NOT announce suddenly over dinner [a dinner which you orchestrated at your kid's "other house" then didn't want to actually have at a restaurant because, oh! did you mention, you're FASTING and dinner out would prove too "distracting"...??] that what you "really said" was that "when she's 12 you'd RE-VISIT the puppy conversation..." do NOT then try to somehow pin this on your new fiancee by going on to say "besides, now that S and I are getting married everything is sort of up in the air and I have to talk to her about how she feels about getting a puppy...." and finally do NOT have this conversation when aforementioned child is ONLY 9 as there are still several years ahead of the both of you which will, I'm sure, provide MULTIPLE opportunities for you to adequately break her heart!!!!!!

God! I've asked it before and I'll no doubt ask it again but seriously what is freaking wrong with that woman???!

The thing that kills me here is that it wasn't actually that she has an issue with Boo having a dog. It was the particular dog. My landlady said Boo could have her dog -- a tiny yapping thing which the Boo has become enamoured of -- and which Boo quite excitedly told CP about, mentioning that this was cool because she could have it here now and when she was 12 she could move him to the new house. I actually tried to salvage the situation with "No worries, even if the dog in SF doesn't work out, you can still have the dog here." Too which CP actually had the nerve to reply [rather brightly]"Yeah! I mean, i still want to think about it but in a worse case scenario you'll have a dog here AND a puppy in the new house...!"

Sometimes I wish she were just flat-out evil so I could justify raising the Boo all by myself but she's not, she's just.... unbelivably self-centered. I mean, after the Boo stopped looking bothered and after I asked CP into the kitchen to "check in" around the whole Oakland dog sitch, we had a normal conversation and she was actually quite nice/encouraging about the OTHER great happening currently going on in my life... {sigh} Anyway.....

There is no second off. It just kills me to watch Boo get hurt.(Although, I do have to say, she actually "let it go" a lot sooner than I did. I was still mad about it this morning but when I brought it up on the way to her school she just shrugged and started talking about her "Oakland dog" and how much fun it was going to be to train him!)

No comments: