Saturday, September 15, 2007

All hail the return of the weary!


Travelin' Man is back! Yay! (He stopped by this eve, accompanying IHOEL on his "adorable little people" dropoff and was giving me crap because i never write about him anymore so... et viola! Here I am Writing!) He's only here for two shakes though before he's off again for the top of the world i think... I could be wrong. He might just be heading a little further north than last time for another little bit (with one more "back down here" visit) before shipping out.. I swear. It's like the man's a Viking or something. Bring me back gold from the new land! I may end up changing his blog-a-nym to "Vlad"....

The Texans are also in town. Although, technically they're in Paly Altie which is strangely close to where i happen to work so we've been all about the lunch lately. Not that we've actually managed to meet up and go somewhere and have food but i did get one of them to walk me to the bank the other day and i'm hoping to convince the other two to grab some take-out and meet me in a park at some point this coming week. Dirty Boy is all atwitter because he got a job working with some Christian Skater on his "tricks crew" which i gather means he gets paid to figure out how to do stuff... you know... on a skateboard. that's... you know...cool, or something. Well good for you, DB! Glad that you're finally gainfully-ish employed and that i will be seeing you more often. Except, wait... I jsut remembered i don't want to see you more often! (Ha. just kidding. Anytime you're in WH, you go ahead and look me up.)

Other riveting news from the newly twangy: the adorable and always effervescent Angel has managed to talk his boy into a more permanent arrange-ge-mont which i think is just delightful -- although, you two kids aren't going to start having s-e-x are you just because you're shacking up???? Remember, no man is going to marry the cow if he's getting the milk for free! (or however that goes...)

Let's see, what else...?

Last week SUCKED. Parts of it were great -- like the super food-filled uber-fancied party the lovely and talented BBQ threw to raise fundage for her cause celebre wich was AWESOME and pretty much every single time i got to see my GF (I had decided on a new blog-a-nym for her based on some IM thread we had going but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was...!) who i love and who i can not get enough of and who (even when i am cranky with her) is so able to reduce me to quivery-silliness with a single touch -- it's a man, it's a plane...! -- it ought to be illegal! And yes, i am "hearing" all of you naysayers who are constantly telling me that this whole "even her sneezes are amazing/adorable" thing will pass to which i reply, "Yeah? So...? I'm old enough to know that The Infatuation will end but who's to say that it won't give way to that deeper type of attachment/happiness/connection thing that I'll find just as necessary and compelling...? It's happened to my nearest and dearest so, sorry your relationships might be telling you otherwise. I have high hopes for mine...! In other words bring it!" (Besides which, i pay her an awful lot of money to stick around and at her age it not like she's likely to find a better gig! ;-]

So, the sucky bits are then as follows:

1) Job sucks. job was fine until they fired all my bosses and the main owner/president guy went completely insane. So. I'm still there. I think i can manage to stay there but seriously, if i'm gonna drive and hour and a half away from my babies every day it's not gonna be for someone who's a nutjob. All of which means that i am once again "actively looking" so if anyone hears of anything I could do without having to bone up on too many fancy new programming languages, let me know.

2) Boo's other rat, Gator died. He was a little bit under the weather and his foot didn't seem to be acting right so i took him to the same vet i took Piper to when he was sick and she shot him up with the same set of anti-biotics she gave Piper and he also died. Now i'm not saying i've got a cut and dried veterinary malpractice case on my hands but I do have to say it looks a little suspicious.... I'm actually gonna call her on monday and let her know the outcome of her little ministrations just to see what she has to say for herself.

3) Finances are killing me. My school tuition is just enough to tweak my tightrope of a budget and what with the savings being entirely depleted during the stretch of time i was out of work the whole thing sent me catapulting into late payment/late payment fines land so... It's looking like i'll need to take next semester off (since i really can't afford to go right now) but maybe that's not such a bad thing. It'll give me more time to write. Sad though because i really wanted to graduate this Spring. Anyway, I feel like I finally got most of the money thing sorted out this week but seriously. The man was really messing with my mojo a little while ago...

4) Ex-work is also sucking. I'm not at liberty to elaborate on what exactly is going on at that place but suffice to say the proverbial rats have exited stage left and it's just sad; especially since it was almost entirely due to mismanaging (some might say intentionally, eh hem...) by the one person. Ah well... it'll make a great book/dissertation one day....

Hrmmmmm. I think that's it actually. Just a coupla of things that were particularly sucky coloring an otherwise lovely life. {yawn} welp. now i'm all tuckered out so... i'll try to be more on top of keeping up with this thing. Kisses to everyone. I love you lots!

No comments: