Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Japan: both more rinkydink and more awesome than I expected..."


Not sure why that particular quote from a Dear-Friend-who-has-suddenly-found-himself-relocated-along-with-his-new-team-to-the-other-side-of-the-world's e-mail message struck me as so gosh darn appropriate/hilarious but it did for some reason.

I also like this one from Aldous Huxley: "It is a little embarrassing that, after 45 years of research and study, the best advice I can give to people is to be a little kinder to each other."

K. so. The GF apparently has time on her hands (what with her non-working vehicle/stranded at home sitch) so she has called me to the carpet re: my not-updating-of-the-blog nature. I considered being annoyed but then i remembered how hot it is to have her get all bossy with me so... compliance thou art my middle name!

Oh! Speaking of funny words like "art" and "quoth" -- anyone who's up for trying to go to the Ren Faire on Sat. Oct 13, give me a shoutout ASAP. I promised the Big Girl we'd go have a looksee and i think it'd be fun to take a whole troop o' folks along. Tickets are a little pricey (25.00/adult) but kids under 5 are free...

k. so let's see.... what else is going on...? Work, still eh-eh. Still "actively looking" as they say but nothing overtly annoying has happened this week so far. ;-] This past week-end was GRAND with the Major Boo B-day blow-out celebration for which i have simply got to thank the fabulous Mistah Lovah-Lovah for being so sweet about supplying the pizzas and the uber Amazing Ex-GV-event-planning-Chick (aka The RockStar's Parental Unit Numero Uno -- gosh. I have got to find that girl a new blog-a-nym!) who pretty much provided everything else! I love you all who came. i missed all of you who couldn't. Kisses abound for the wonderfulness that is the "Village" currently helping my children get to advanced ages like 10 etc. -- Without you all, I am nothing....! (Word.)

The Boo got -- amoung other fantabulous gifties -- a tortoise! Which is just delightful and who lives at the SF house of the other Mommy thus adding to my wholehearted approval of it as a pet choice!

Hmmmmm...... is that really all i can think of? Honestly, it's not through lack of stuff going on, it's more that my brain is a little fuzzy due to rampant cold-age so... the recall is not the best. Anyhoo.... I think i'm gonna leave it at that for now. I'll write more later when the Spring Thaw begins!

No comments: