Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Perspective


Use it or lose it. I gave an ex boyfriend of mine a shirt that had that written on it. Over time the letters started to drop off so in the end it said "Persp tiv use or ose it!" We thought this was kind of hilarious.

So, just coming off a tiny tiff with the fiancee (c'mon! it can't all be wine and roses all the time right???) and I'm checking my e-mail and i find that an old friend of mine has just recently lost his mother to a series of illnesses beginning with chronic heart failure and culminating in a lethal infection in her legs. Reading his words made me think (again) about exactly what it is I think I'm in this life for (kids, GalPal, intellectual stimulation, happiness, justice, etc.) and that I would do well to stop getting my proverbial panties in a bunch about (e.g. petty jealousies, whose turn it is to walk the dog/how can i get out of it being *my* turn! the L Word, etc.) and anyway, just made me rethink my earlier decision to be sad/resigned/bummed versus grateful/sappy/content.

Anyhoo, all my condolences go out. I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend. I hope the life brings you a new beginning to help fill the old (or an entirely new) spot. And, of course, if there's anything I can do to assist the happy part of continuing on, please do NOT hesitate to ask!

No comments: