Friday, May 23, 2008

Women of a certain age...


So I was staring intently at myself in the mirror this morning as is my want {snicker - yeah, right!} and I noticed I have quite a few grey/white hairs on my head! Now I happen to find this incredibly cool since, as we are all (mind-numbingly) aware it is my fervent desire to look like I'm at least capable of having thoughts befitting a 40-year-old but the thing is there are a lot of them and they're long-ish (as long-ish as the rest of the hairs on my head anyway) so I'm just sort of wondering why I haven't seen them before?????

Anyways, in more interesting news, we're getting my Big Baby-Girl back from her million-day, overnight camping extravaganza she embarked upon with her 5th grade class earlier this week which just makes me happy beyond belief. (I don't know what it is, I just can't seem to buy into the whole "push" part of parenting. I'm more a advocate of the "pull/smother/beg-them-not-to-leave-you" camp...) I realize it's technically only been about two and a half days but STILL! eh hem. So anyways, she's coming back today which is nice. Then there's the other little love of my life who is all grown-up and flitty with her lovely long locks, and who has begun calling the GF "Mom" in a very calculated, consciously thought out way which I think is awesome/adorable and which I believe is well-received by my wife-to-be so that's nice....

Not alot more, really, to report other than looking forward to a visit by the San Jose G-Ma tomorrow morn then a fantabulous Grad Party fete thrown by my nearest/dearest to celebrate my acquiring massive student loan debt...er...ah I mean my doctorate! So, I guess I'll finish with that. life is good. the Gal is great and I'm really ridiculously happy. Hope everyone else is too......!

No comments: