Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy Pride!


Happy being out and loud and whatever else it is folks are being right now. I, myself, feel like I've been pretty strident in a whole bunch of other ways for the past several months so I'm not really feeling all that compelled to go add myself to the throng but more power to those who do. The GF is out at the filmfest which I suppose is close and she might be hanging out at the march after so, I figure I can support by proxy!

So, can I just say, this week has been kicking my butt. I signed on to do this website for this hair lady who is once again teaming up with Redkin to promote a particular kind of hair extension method (those of you who are near and dear to me may remember my summer of long hair circa 2006 when I was actually *in* the show -- I'm still getting the extensions as part of the deal but this time around I don't have to sit in front of a crowd of people getting poked and stared at while they put them in, PLUS my name goes in the Redkin show brochure so I could get some actual extra work out of it!) All around a win-win sitch except it sort of also means I've been staying up nights trying to finish the website for her at the same time i'm trying to focus on completing the "wedding homework" steps our lovely planner RSM has set out for us AND just trying to deal with work and sick kids and lovely girlfriends who are also trying to deal but who have a lot going on as well which sometime necessitates unexpected extra dealing.... {sigh}... I guess what i'm trying to say is I'm a little tired i think. Not of any one thing since it's all good, it's just alot of balls to keep in the proverbial air....

In other news, though, I also just attended a "block party" planning meeting wherein some of my neighbors and I sat around discussing ways to put on the apparently annual event -- all of which felt very neighborhoody and inclusive and whatnot so that was fun!

K. i'm just about to head out for a playdate with the little G-daughter of our exLand-Peeps (although, Spark, for whatever reason thinks it's her playdate!) after which I get to see the fantabulousness that is my Bee clan, who I love and who I've sorely missed so, again, have to say, it is a lot but a lot of it is good!

No comments: