Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kareshi-kun!


Guess whose "not coming back" from Japan because he's got a full-on Kanojo-san! That's right, our until very recently Texan-by-way-of-New-Mexican Toastest with the mostest, DB!!!!!

(k. so I realized that i never write anymore because I tell the wife everything first so even though she just walked in and is being all ADORABLE and everything, I am not speaking in full sentences to her until AFTER I finish writing! See! See how much I love you people!!!) Eh, hem, now then.....

First, this actually happened a billion years ago but I have to mention it. Who got a call from their former place of employ wondering if perhaps she might like to come back on board? Moi, that's who! Weird. Nice in a sort of "Ha! I KNEW it wasn't me!" kind of way since the first thing the nice recruiter lady (who came to my going away drinks-fest, BTW) was "Oh, and A-hole-who-got-you-fired? He's gone now." Sigh. so nice to hear. They moved offices as well (to Sunnyvale which is not much better but still.....) and the company seems to be doing well (there's always room in the world for the possibility of random-hookups with folks who lie on their profiles!) -- I mean, don't get me wrong, getting thrown out of that place was the one of the best things that ever happened to me, still.... It felt good that they asked me to come back.

In other news, I've disowned (and since re-owned) the twenty-somethings I work with since they let me know that they found a certain Ex someone of MY WIFE attractive. To be fair the word-age used was "Well, she was rocking that suit!" plus, they had no idea at the time of the telling who she was but still.... I felt it my duty to inform them that under NO circumstances were they allowed to find her in any way attractive and that we were no longer friends. They, being sensitive, ultimately misguided twenty-somethings who, above all, valued my friendship (and occasional rides to work) promptly rescinded their expressed opinion even going so far as to "hate on her" should they ever see her again. I, of course, let them know that they shouldn't feel they needed to go to that extreme but that they should watch it in the future. Then we all went out for edamami and teriyaki chicken (although they had actual sushi) and the world was once again good. :-)

K. Lastly, the reason i know you've all read this far, breaking news as of 45 minutes ago. DB is not coming home. He is in love with a spiky-haired Japanese grrl and is staying on that island so as to be closer to her and her gender-neutral politics. Oh, and her body. I'm pretty sure he's staying because he likes the s-e-x as well! More power to you, Hon. I wish you and your angry little GalPal all the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's a GrrrrlPal. Hee. Hee. Hee.