Monday, November 24, 2008

New careers for all my friends!


o.K. so much as I'd LIKE to begin with MYSELF and what I accomplished this week-end -- I feel obliged to first give major shoutouts to a few folks in the fold who've managed, yet again to surprise me with their ability to not just float but to actively persuade society to "buoy" what it is they're selling! Ha!.... er.... eh. sorry.

First up, we have the ever popular CP (as in Scoot co-parent) who just got herself a "significant" grant to fund the development and staging of an as yet un-written theatre production! Whoo hoo! You grow, Girl! (Seriously, who is still getting paid to "create" in this economy????)

Next up, we have Mr.DB Watanabe who has just secured a position -- wait for it -- TEACHING ENGLISH in the sadly under-reported (at least on this blog) prefecture of Ibaraki, Japan! I believe congratulations are in order (as well as my heartfelt condolences which go out to the people of that newly-unfortunate city-state. May god be with each and every English-learning one of you!)

Now then, having dispensed with the blah, blah, blah, back to me and my various talents! So, remember how I had that truck? And remember how people kept thinking it was a really cool idea to keep backing into it/breaking various head/taillights...? Well, I've been driving around for a while now inches away from incarceration because up until this week-end those lights were still broken/out and I'd already been pulled over TWICE by (some very nice, actually) police officer types who (justifiably) wondered when, if ever I was planning on obeying the law vis a vis all of that, plus i just got a notice in the mail saying that if I didn't step the hell up by Dec. 12, and start fixin' those fix-it ticks I'd owe roughly 800.00 bucks to Da Man -- so, I did what any wanna-be tough girl butch-lite chick with a beat-up truck does, i calculated how much freaking money/wasted time/inconvenience it would be to take the truck to the dealer and instead elected to fix her myself. And, I did! This week-end. Pretty cool, huh? (See all this truck-fixing goodness and still I can't manage to keep the wife happy! Ha! Just kidding. I will admit that it is possible any me-centered annoyance is entirely due to my truck-fixing when I should prolly be house-tidying, bill-paying, dog-walker corresponding, dish washing, attention-paying but whatev. Now that I officially own half her stuff I can't imagine she's gonna choose to leave me any time soon!)

No comments: