Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Use the force, Luke



So, This may not be news to anyone but me but I figure you're basically a captive audience so what the heck...!

I ordered "a thing" off Amazon.com and the Thing I ordered never came. Now this was maybe three weeks to a month ago. I wrote to the vendor and didn't get any kind of reply. I called but still, nothing. I had pretty much decided to just let it go -- sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, when you're dealing with the World Wild West etc., etc. but then I got one of those automated "would you like to rate this vendor?" e-mails which I typically ignore but then I thought, what the heck and actually clicked the link. Well! imagine my surprise when I found that Amazon has an "A to Z" guarantee and if you use this feature to contact the vendor and if the vendor fails to resolve the claim, Amazon will reimburse you! K. so, I fired off yet another note, this time using the A-Z interface and literally FIVE MINUTES later i got a call from the vendor saying basically "Oops! Our bad, we just got the package back some mix-up in the post. I'll re-send. Can you rescind the complaint, please?" So, there you have it. Weird that there are actually "controls" in place that seem to work so well. Especially during the bush-era! ;-)

Anyway, moving on....

In other news, our puppy has an ear infection. Very sad combined with lots of head-shaking. Initially, we thought it was ear mites and were treating it accordingly but it didn't seem to be clearing up so The Wife took him to the vet and ta-da! Ear infection. Sad. But good, since we got a whole different regime of ear-administered medicines that will hopefully have him back to his normally ship-no-head-shaking-shape in no time!

No comments: