Friday, February 27, 2009

Out of the frying pan...


That means nothing really, I just wanted to apply the second half of that to my newly not-quite-so-sick Baby Girl who is no longer burning up with the fever. Having written it out and considered it carefully, however, I realize that phrase has NOTHING to do with the situation so... never mind.

I did just find out though, from a pal o mine, that a good way to lower a high fever is to soak some socks in vinegar and put them on the feverish person in question's feet. I'm not sure if it's the vinegar, the feet or the shock of having someone treat you so meanly when you're trying to be sick but whatev... she swears it works. She's also a commie-vegan-young person type who I'm trying to trick into working on my and Mistah Lovah-lovah's newest project so any advice should prolly be taken with a largish grain of hand-processed sea salt.

In other news, we're getting the Big Girl back today! Whoo Hoo! Those of you who were lucky enough to not have to deal with me during this time may not be breating a sigh of relief but rest assured, I bet the Wife is happy!

oop. it would appear that Barney has just come on the telly meaning I am now faced with the perrenial parental decision -- do i change it to something less mind-numbing for me or suck it up because *i* have not just spent the last two days lying around being hot and achey and miserable so really it's not my decision..... I'll let you know what i decide. :-)

2 comments:

CJ said...

My daughter is in a Barney phase. No matter what I try to tempt her with, she just wants the big purple dinosaur. I finally unplugged the telly and told her it was broke. She went and got her tool box out. So far, still no luck!

ChickMagnet said...

I'd be really hilarious if she somehow managed to get it switched to the new digital signal!