Friday, May 15, 2009

It's not that I forgot mother's day...







I had a really great mother's Day actually. I got a cool drawn card and a little book in Spanish with a colorful scroll attached. Then we went to Santa Cruz for the week-end which was stellar... Plus, how cool is it that The Wife got all "certified" before this glorious day so she could legally engage in the fete-ing activities! I think I've just been in my head so much about all of this "what does it mean that I'm once again 'sharing out a kid'/now that the kids are basically grown-ups what's this whole 'mother' thing even still really about/what sort of processing needs to accompany the decision to intentionally remove one of the kids from her other set of moms on this day of all days!" (even though i totally gave her back! you know, eventually....)

I dunno. I think I've been thinking so much about parenting and Moms and shifting situations that this particular round of happy-happy-joy-joy just sort of snuck up on me. I am happy though. I loved the day and I loved the time spent with the sweeties that are my peeps and I'm thrilled I get to have an opportunity to reflect upon how very (very) lucky I am to be mom to these great kids at least once every single year..... So, i guess what I'm saying is, Happy Mother's Day ya'all! I love each and every one of you (more if you have babies but I guess I have some love for the currently childless among you as well....) Hope the respective days were awesome. Peace Up!

No comments: