Sunday, June 28, 2009

GAH!


So, I back! Finally. Actually we got back on Monday but it's been a long strange road to regularity down in these here parts.

Quick though,

before i go into how fantabulous the trip/family/desert was, I want to make three highly specific shout-outs to friends and fam:

1) Mr. Lovah-Lovah and Auntie K - It was great seeing you two yesterday and being a part of what i hope are plenty of official "We CAN'T WAIT for you to get here!" parties for the baby. We love you guys and simply cannot be more thrilled that you are actively increasing the sheer number of quality people on this planet that we will have access to!

2) Happy half birthday to the Bee twins! You kids are great. Sorry, we had to miss it but I promise we'll make it up to you in spades/sleep-over popcorn-party-fests!

3) Sister J, I hope you know that we were all put on this planet to help and support you in whatever way you need (consciously or not) so PLEASE do not hesitate to use us during your convalescence (you could also use us during your regular life to but I wanted to specifically point out that we actually like being helpful to folks who are slated to undergo massive, invasive multiple-organ transplant scenarios like yourself. p.s. Whatever you do though, stay away from the really huge Ibuprofen they might try to give you after. Those things have never been kind to anybody and the addiction recovery path just isn't worth it!)

Now then, trip was loverly! I. love. love. love my brothers and was thrilled to get to see everyone in the sun and with their people. The weather was gorgeous (not too hot actually) the accommodations were amazing and the girls were fish. (Seriously, finally tally of the pools we splashed around in ended at 6 plus one really pretty Lake wherein both my beautiful Wife and my eldest daughter had a chance to show off their boat driving skillz! Even the mom was not so bad. There was one icky point there where my dad referred to my mom as his "Ex" which i thought I'd effectively blotted out forever but clearly the trauma remains (ew!) Also, saw the beginnings of what I will henceforth refer to as the "Golf-Widow" syndrome start it's sad, lonely descent into my life as the Wife took herself off to the range to learn putting with the pros (my dad, little brother, nephew and BB-Sis-in-Law) leaving me and my mom with nothing to do but shop, drink tea in the sun and partake of some really yummy fry bread. {sigh} I wonder if Tiger's wife feels this way.....

No comments: