Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vacation-ready


Me = vacation ready. Not in the sense that I'm all primed and gassed up and ready to go, more in that I'm sort of at the end of my proverbial rope/if I have to deal with. one. more. thing. I'm gonna explode ... {sigh} K. that actually just sounded alot like my mom so let me re-think that statement. I'm fine. Things are fine. I got to see Wicked this week-end which was awesome! The kidcare worked out in such a way as to allow the Little Little girl to spend the afternoon with a very good friend of hers (Red-E, we'll call her as opposed to her cousin, my niece-in-law, Brown-E who she ALSO got to see yesterday, in fact -- yay her!) I am liking very much getting to spend time with the fam. I've had a few incidents now wherein I am suddenly presented with a potential "problem" vis a vis kid care which are almost immediately sorted out for me by those wonderful angel-persons who watch over my every move/are probably a little at the ends of their proverbial ropes as well... [heh, get it. I said "proverbial"... which is funny because they're angels.... Anyone...? K. Sorry. moving on.] Case in point: the Big Girl who arrived here this morning with absolutely nothing to do has since been happily put to work laminating for/assisting her good friend/ex-afterschool counselor who just happens to be running the Specialty Camp program here at work and so is now feeling useful and interested and non-bored so that I, in turn, can work. Or yesterday when the Matriarch of the Bee clan totally stepped up to offer a supervised day of hang-outtage -- Seriously, the life is really just very nice and supportive, I'd hate for anyone out there to think otherwise. (Please don't!) Yet/Still, I'm tired. I'm so lucky that my life/seredipitious-ness is stepping into the breach created by my inability to deal but I wish I had a minute to reset. I'm tired of feeling weird and hurt and moody and tired all the time. i want to go away and play with my family (the larger one) and remember how kick-ass we as a concept are and come back refreshed and rested and happy dammit! And I want to do it NOW! {tiny voice}: Is that so wrong...??

No comments: