Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back to school nights rock!!


O.K. sure, i complain about having to go and drag my feet a little getting there but really, i actually do like hearing what the folks who are essentially raising my kids during the day have to say about their jobs/expectations. Ths year both girls eem pretty set. The Big Big Girl in particular I predict will OWN all four of her teachers by mid-November. She's already half way there but there are one or two hold-outs who are trying to be a little stand-offish but whatev. One of them reminds me of my BBQ. In fact, scratch that original assessment. I give it until the end of October, and then ONLY because the Big Big Girl is being a little bit shyer than usual.

In other news, we've got the rock star here with us today. She and boo are leaping around to various "Oldies", singing to the karaoke machine tracks and filming themselves. It's times like this when i realize I must have been doing SOMETHING right. k. sidenote, my keyboard is breaking or something and it's making my typically disjointed spelling even more psychotic. Example: i just spelled siienote "iiote"

watch i ll type this next couple of sentences without going back to corrrect anything. alo delighted by this new book i'm reading. issabelle allende the house of the spirits. very compelling. i know it's not particularly nw but it is to me so... i'm gla the world is till producing quality writers who write stuff i like. Gah. o.k. so as soon as i complained about the keyboard it stopped being so wierd. whate....

2 comments:

duckus said...

This is me reminding you about the non-ninja hobos. Or was it non-hobo ninjas ?

ChickMagnet said...

riiiiiigggghhhhhhttt! I got to use the phrase "*non*-ninja hobos in a casual conversation with the fam the other day! How much does my life rule??!