Monday, January 04, 2010

A moment of silence, please...


{sigh}Friends, Family, people who've never met me but still like reading this (nowadays-infrequently-updated blog), it is with a heavy heart that I must inform you all that The Truck/my love/my heart/my symbol of independence/bestower of "lesbian-cred"/(not so)sub-conscious link to my middle-of-the-country homeland/practically last remaining icon of the decade plus that defined the life I'm so fortunate to be benefiting from right this second -- that Truck has gone to meet it's mechanical maker. 12 years ago the truck carried me and my baby out of what seemed to be a hopeless situation and into a future filled with possibility. It assisted with innumerable moved, hosted picnics and playdates, provided protection form snows, rain and even too much sun. When everyone else was going digital, the truck boasted a cassette deck which tore its way through dozens of mix tapes composed by myself to help indoctrinate the girls in the ways of the truly gifted of the musical demagogues (Meatloaf, Dolly, Lyle, Tom and George). That truck survived desert heat, blizzards, my erratic driving and total lack of depth perception to carry me and my babies safely through the better part of the last decade and I will miss it soooo much (this is assuming I don't decide to hold a bake sale of something to raise the roughly 2,000 bucks it would take to replace the -- none "compressing" engine.... {sniff}

Anyway. Happy Holidays folks. Hope everyone is happy and healthy in the coming year and that you are all blessed with every kind of wonderful goodness. I heart you all and look forward to communing with each and every one of you as we all march on. We'll just have to plan our communing around the bart/bus schedules, is all. At least until I learn how to stay on a bike for more than thirteen seconds. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP sweet red truck. May you forever live in our hearts....

db said...

wow. that really sucks. sorry....

angelt said...

SAD! We have lots of trucks out here. Should i *borrow* one for you???