Friday, February 19, 2010

TBD


K. so yesterday when we were driving home the Big Girl (Boo) kept repeating this really funny phrase that consisted of two words; which was HILARIOUS and which i determined to copy here into my little on-line journaling of most of my "significant" life events but which I right this second, cannot, for the life of me remember!!!!! Arg. It was hilarious though. trust me.

K. in other news, I'm cranky right this second for a really silly reason. I point out that my reason is silly because i like to acknowledge the *very few* times I myself start down the path of irrational/crazy partly because I believe self-knowledge is the key to greater understanding/satisfaction and partly because it allows me to feel even more justified in pointing out this type of behavior in my nearest and dearest!

Now then, back to the cranky. I am cranky because I'm trying to set up this dinner thing for The Wife who is having a birthday (she has one every year) and I thought I was doing pretty well until this morning:

The Wife: I'm excited about Sunday!
Me: Really?
TW: Yes! I love fondue. Especially the chocolate!
Me:
[long pause] uh. hm. I don't think they have chocolate. They have a bunch of really tasty sounding cheese things....
TH: Oh, every restaurant that does fondue has a dessert fondue. They'll have chocolate.
Me: [having just read the menu the previous eve] uh.... I don't think they do. Are you going to be disappointed if they don't?
TH: [smiling] They will.

Then i get to work and I look at the evite thingey and I see that included in the "yes" response from The Wife's Ex (who I only invited because I was feeling all "large and expansive and comfortably married" -- last time I give in to that emotion!) the following: "And, let's not forget chocolate fondue. There will be chocolate at this bday party, yes!?"

crap.

maybe i can find/borrow that chocolate fountain we had at our wedding.... :-)

No comments: