Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Some of us just feel a little more equal than other people


This morning i was lying in bed and my sweet darling little girl came in to snuggle up with me. Whilst we we lying there (her very awake, me not so much) she reached over to rub my belly, grinned up at me and announced "You're having a baby!"

For the record, I am NOT having a baby. What i am doing is developing a "pooch"... Not sure what i think about that. I mean, i'm pretty in touch with my feminist embracing of the myriad ways in which my weight chooses to express itself, I'm also, however acutely aware of the fact that I eat peanut butter and jelly for breakfast every morning and recently (this past week-end) actually hurt myself playing (in the water) with my kid. So, yeah, not about to run off and join the next Pilates Boot Camp that the fitness peeps at my work have seen fit to organize, but possibly, maybe, a call-to-action in terms of edging slightly out of the swamp that is my health and into a (slightly) more energetic way of living ....

In other news, this man is brilliant. Listen to his podcast/talk; buy his book. That is all.

No comments: