Friday, July 18, 2003

First and foremost...


A good friend of mine who, in addition to co-parenting some of the coolest kids I've ever met and providing sustained, kick-ass spousal support of the wifely variety to the fabulous Miss Bee, also happens to be one of the best persons ever to set foot on this planent is having a little out-patient surgery today so, just wanted to say my thoughts and good wishes are with you, pet! Hope it's no big deal, that you heal soon and that the hospital staff treats you like the king you are! Oh, and pinch a nurse for me, would ya...?



So, last night I finally got a chance to read my homestudy. I was supposed to have read it a long time ago but what with one technicality and another I just got to see it yesterday. It's pretty interesting in that there, in "hard copy" is you, your beliefs, your life, your relationships and your aspirations; in fifteen pages or less single spaced; written by someone who has met you five times. All-in-all, it's pretty accurate (although obviously skewed slightly to address specific issues that might matter to the agency types.) There was one funny thread about my mom though. I guess in the interviews I kept saying she was "loud" (which she is but more a boisterous, completely lacking in tact or sublety kind of loud). Apparently, though, what the caseworker was hearing was that she "yells alot." "Cynthia's mother often yelled at her...." Now, I'm not saying mom never yelled but she didn't yell all that much, she was just LOUD about everything. Whatever. If I want, i can go in and have them change the report but since the odds of my mom ever seeing this are slim and since I'm deathly afraid of messing with anything at this stage in the matching process, I think i'm going to let it be. Sorry mom.

No comments: