Thursday, July 17, 2003

Well, hello!


Another interesting development...not in the my new kid department but in the general world of kids: These two girls that used to live in the apartment below mine pre-current-housing-sitch, ended up having to move shortly after I did and I lost track of them. Anyway, long story short, their mom calls me yesterday to tell me about the younger one's birthday party... "they're in Hayward now.. would i like to come to the party... blah, blah, blah..." It's been close to two years! Anyway, I'm just delighted that she got in touch. The girls are great and I was sad they seemed to have gotten away.

Also, I was reading over some of my more recent postings and i noticed that I seem to leave things hanging quite a bit. That is I tend to get all outraged or obsessed about something, write some long, rambling post about it, then move merrily along to the next bit of life drama without ever having said what the resolution in the last case happened to be. This, in my opinion, might lead one to think that I have a whole lot of unfinnised bidness in my life but I actually don't. I just find that the act of writing about an issue sometimes helps me clarify where I stand on it or simply enables me to release some feelings about it, once it's resolved, to my way of thinking it's gone. Why write about it? Having said that, though, I would like to take a moment to clean up some loose ends as it were (keeping in mind that this is rare for me to do so don't go expecting it in the future!). Ready? Here we go.

Eh hem,

  • I did not take the parking space. I found a space in a lot nearby that is cheaper on a daily basis, less busy in terms of filling up every morning and which accepts plastic.
  • I am no longer mad at the Ex-girlfriend. I understand that she is just doing what she needs to do and did not mean any harm to me and mine. I accept that she feels she needs to live a life that does not include me and that as difficult as that is for me to understand that is just the way it is and as such I've accepted it and will now move on. (I wish her luck, though. She's quality people and derserves the best.)
  • Boo is fine as well. Everyone is just fine!
  • I decided against the Snake River trip with Miss Tail in favor of a shorter, more manageable trip with the Boo. (It was great, thanks for asking.)
  • I am not currently getting busy with Dirty Boy, nor do I have any intentions of re-starting that particular aspect of our relationship. (It's just too damn oogey, no offense DB)
  • Dirty Boy is still stupid over Other Girl who is keeping him on a very short leash which I happen to think is hilarious.
  • Aforementioned leash is not the reason DB and I are no longer getting sweaty. For some reason OT doesn't mind if DB swaps spit with someone she likes. DB and I are not partaking because it is gross(!!) no more no less. (OT is wierd.)
  • Angel is still not sure what to do about New Boy who is leaving on the 31st of this month. He is considering moving to Austin to be with him. I am suspending counsel on the subject (BAD IDEA! Do NOT move! You've only known him for a freaking month! What if he's a psychopath?!) in order to give him the mental space to come to his own conclusions.
  • I never found out who Angel of Darkness is but "hooking up" never happened
  • I'm still tired
  • Lyle has not called yet...

    hmmmmm.... I think that's it. Let me know if there's anything else outstanding and I'll endeavor to address it (maybe, I don't know actually, I had turkey for lunch and now I'm a little tired...)

    Oh! And before I forget, two other things...

    Congratulations!

    to Boss #3 on his 1 year anniversary!! i've not met the significant other in question but I'm sure he's stellar!

    And

    Happy Nuptuals

    to our own Sir J. who is in glorious Vancouver, BC right this second preparing to get his hitch on to the lovely Krista (sp). All the best, my friend! Hope your day is fabulous!! (Their actual wedding date is Sat. but the odds are fairly good that I will not be blogging this week-end so I'll get the props in now...)
  • No comments: