Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Howdy!


I just sailed in here three minutes ago. BART sucks! Anyways... have not yet had coffee so I'll keep this short. My Dads and my niece are coming to town for a coupla days in just a bit and I'm sooooo excited! I did the full-on bathroom clean-up (which involved bleach no less!) last night and tonight I'm going to throw down with some vacuum attachments and a little spic n span! That's right people, watch my dust!...er...ah... I mean lack of dust... oh whatever...

In other news, my truck got broken into. At least the camper shell part of it.

What they took: a pack of toilet paper, a bag of potatoes and some clothes washing detergent. (No, I do not live in my truck! I went shopping for supplies and was too lazy to take everything inside...)

What they did not take: my tent, my tools, my radio, the money in my glove box, my kid's library books, my kid's float-ey toys, yet another container of clothes washing detergent (I guess the thieves had a brand preference) and my electric pump.

They did not break my window, they did not leave the campershell door open and they did not otherwise trash or destroy anything else. All in all, I'm pretty o.k. with the whole situation. If nothing else, it's a nice little kick in the pants to get me to clean out my damn truck!

Oh! and I just remembered they took some magazines a friend had given me (Martha Stewarts' Living, Real Simple and Lucky. Now, since even I am not witty enough to comment on the buckets of irony inherent in their selections, i'll not even try.) Bye now. I'm off to find a cup and some joe.

No comments: