Saturday, October 25, 2003

I am an idiot.



Cute Boo Teacher comes up after class today. Smiles warmly, extends her hand and says: "I just wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm C." I, being just as suave as it's possible for a single human being to be reply: "Oh. Uh. yeah. Hi. I knew that." I knew that??! What am I in "How to effectively curtail a conversation 101"??? And, no, in answer to those of you who are probably saying, "well, after that, you rallied right? You came back with something. Anything... right???!" Nope. I sat there. Another parent stepped into the void and commenced with an actual conversation. Boo, herself stepped up and remarked that she "liked class today!" I mumbled something relatively incoherent, acted like it was some kind of freaking chore to gather together the assorted clothing of two six year olds and left. Gawd! Sometimes i am so unbelievably lame I amaze myself!



Miss Boo is having a playdate right now with a child whom she cannot stand. It's weird. This kid torments her pretty constantly at school but at the same time sometimes she's incredibly nice to her so our Boo is conflicted. She was pretty excited about the IDEA of this kid coming over but the reality of the situation is that i have two kids in my house who insist on fighting about EVERY SINGLE THING the other says. Cute though because they also want to have the exact same stuffed animals, dinner plates and drinks as each other. Ah, youth! Anyways, they're getting along right this second (in a bossy, cranky kind of way) so I've been reduced to "figurehead" status. I feel a little like King Solomon: "So, then you said what? And then what did you say? And what about that hurt your feelings? So. what do we need to do to fix it? K! So, let's do that then!" Hee Hee. Kids are weird -- not like us adults who are really easy to figure out...!

No comments: