Friday, October 24, 2003

The king is dead! Long live the King


Or rather the President. Today i am the President because my kid put a stars and stripes sticker on my hand and informed me that I was. So, my first line of business, I'm thinking is a nice long nappy-nap in the Lincoln Bedroom. After that I'll see about balancing the budget, making education our number one priority and getting the troops the HELL out of Iraq.

Speaking of which (the Presidential sticker, not the troops -- besides which, was anyone else surprised by the fact that a "troop" is a single person...? For the vast majority of my life I thought "troop" was plural like a "Boyscout troop" which is composed of many children, anyway...) I'm wearing this stars and stripes sticker on the train today and I notice a "radical type" glance at it then at me and I actually felt uncomfortable. Like I should take it off so people don't get the "wrong" impression that being that I agree with or support anything currently going on in this fine country of ours but then I thought "Hey! It's my country too, dammit!" So I've decided to take the path currently being blazed by our own Elephant Princess and join in the fight to "Take back the Flag!" Who's with me (!!), show of hands...!

No comments: