Friday, October 17, 2003

Too much information


Today, standing on the train (not the good-smelling one) lodged between a pole and two female persons of the Cole Valley variety I learned the following:

  • Patty is only 43 and has already started menopause
  • Jill and Frank are celebrating their 5th anniversary but with the baby it's probably going to be a stay-at home thing
  • Karen thinks that's a shame and will take the baby but probably can't take Melissa since she's already got the girls and they're having a slumber party, but on second thought, maybe Melissa can come if Jill thinks she won't be bored
  • Jill thinks she won't be bored but Karen knows Frank and he's not going to want to do anything anyway
  • Karen thinks maybe a BB-Q after the kid's game might be fun
  • Jill is astonished to learn that the kid's game will only last 30 minutes
  • Karen assures her that it's because it's T-ball then suggests that perhaps they should just take off [I'm assuming the two of them] and "celebrate" on their own [not super sure how it ended up being "thier" anniversary but maybe i'm missing some "used-to-be-together" lesbo vibe...]
  • Jill thinks this is a grand idea and wants to go to Sonoma [Sonoma??!]
  • Karen thinks maybe Marin or Sausalito but remembers she can't because the sonogram is on Tuesday [sooo, not sure how this information is pertinent but again, p'raps I'm missing something]
  • Karen's mom and her grandmother all started menopause at the age of 43
  • and, we're back to Patty...!

    k. so. Do I need to meet these people at a dinner party? I think not. I feel like we went to high school together fer chrissakes. That Frank guy, though, needs to catch a fast clue cause hand-to-god if he doesn't step up quick, before he can put 6 and 9 together, his little lady's gonna take Missy and the Bub and set up some housekeeping with "her good friend, and sometimes f***buddy", Karen.




    now then, where were we...? Ah, yes, being sunny and light about the world. Last night the Boo opened a present she'd just received from her Great Gramma and ta-da! A copy of Doctor Doolittle that was given to my Gramma in 1924 by her teacher! Yay! Gramma also enclosed some of the notes we've (me and my brothers) written her during our time on the planet together. Consider an exerpt written by a thirteen year old Chick about a pillow:

    Hello G-ma, How are you? I am fine. Things here are going well. Did you get the pillow I made you? I made one for my mom too that says 'Kiss the cook'

    [Kiss the cook?? on a pillow? I ask you...!]

    she says she likes it

    [bless her sweet heart! I wonder if she still has it? I should ask - hee hee]

    and that it was just the thing she needed.

    [??!]

    Anyway, I'm going to go now. I love you and hope you and G-pa are doing o.k. out in all that snow!

    [Har Har! Get it?? They live in North Dakota! Snow!! eh, hem...]

    Bye for now. Kiss the cat for me!

    [I have no idea.... -ed]"

    Yay! we heart Gramma/Great Gramma!!




    Big shout out to my Best buddy Q who is sick and dying. Sorry Sweetie, hope you feel better soon. Let me know if I can do anything to help....
  • No comments: