Monday, October 20, 2003

what does desperation smell like?


K. so I cannot stop going to travel sites and checking on "vacation sales." I came THIS close to booking a flight to Georgia because it was cheaper than Albuquerque (where I actually have family)... I was in the elevator this morning and some chick was talking about Washington DC and I started thinking "Hmmmmm. DC... What is there to do in DC? We could go to the Mint!" The Mint. I ask you...! {sigh} I am soooo needing to just freaking GO somewhere! But where? And with what? Contrary to all appearances I'm not exactly rolling in the cash right now... Anyways, if anyone knows someplace good and cheap (or expensive to get to but with appropriate "ins" -- re: someone me and the Boo could stay with for a coupla days) let me know ASAP otherwise I'm afraid I'm just going to book the next non-refundable fare I see and wind up in Salt Lake City standing in line to see the Osmond's birthplace!! (Not, that there's anything wrong with that....)



So, you know what's fun? Sit down with a six year old (it's more fun if it's your six year old but if you are not so blessed feel free to borrow one from the neighbors) and flip through a fashion magazine. Flip through fairly fast, page by page and let the kid tell you what/who appeals to them and what doesn't. Every so often see if you can get them to tell you what it is exactly that they don't like about the "nahs". I guarantee you will gain an incredible amount of insight into the human psyche. Plus, it's fun. I, myself learned that "furry bags are weird", that there is such a thing as "too much gold", and that even a six year old can tell when a lady is "way too skinny!"

No comments: