Sunday, November 30, 2003

Beauty and light...


But, having said all that, I also realize there are people out there trying to make their kid's lives work with co-parents who are complete a**holes and so, whilst I reserve the right to be occasionally annoyed, I do still feel very lucky that the worst of my problems seem to be minor disagreements over who gets to advise Boo on how to handle the bully at school rather than who forgot to pick up the kid because she was busy smoking crack with her new strung out girlfriend...



Right, moving on. Boo and I went to the see the Degas sculptures yesterday. She was in a sad mood (i think she's getting sick) and so was more interested in hanging out on the benches than in the sculptures themselves but still and all she was a big ole trooper! She did actually get pretty excited about some of the art in some of the other galleries but "excited" for a kid translates into touching and by the time the third adult person had politely asked her to please stay off the exhibits she was pretty much done with art. She did let me carry her around to some of the Victorian rooms though and she even went so far as to murmur "pretty" when she noticed me transfixed in front of one my favorite "sad little milkmaid" paintings (speaking of which; William-Adolphe Bouguereau = amazing and what with Christmas coming up, if anyone feels like buying a substantial bit of my love feel free to consider this, this, and this as worthy installments...!) Anyway, all in all long week-end was fine. I had a great time hanging wiht the kid and also had some very tasty ham and potates for Thanksgiving repast and me and the CP were mostly able to play nice so it's all good. Hopefully, I be able to finish the second of the thousand and six papers due this week, and then, maybe, possibly, get some actual sleep tonight! O.K. probably not but it's good to hope, right?

No comments: