Monday, December 15, 2003

Well, Howdy there Honey!


How the heck are all my sweet little peeps? I am good. Week-end was GREAT! Bendy Girl sighting went well (well, actually it went kind of serious cause EVERY SINGLE ADULT PERSON in the auditorium suddenly decided they needed to have a word with MY new girlfriend -- KIDDING about the "girlfriend" thing BTW; just a little humour. Trying to keep things light...! BBQ, OG, everybody, breathe....) so we didn't really get to talk all that much and when we did Boo was sad so we were all being serious. I did check in with her later though and she and the Boo had a stellar little phone based tete a tete so I'm thinking it'll all be good.

Next, Boo and I tackled our fifty thousand errands and actually accomplished an amazing amount in an astonishingly short time (for some reason all the lines we were in were really miniscule -- dunno why, but hey, I'm not looking any gift pachyderms in the mouth....!) And we got a tree! We got a great live tree -- it's a Norfolk pine and it's beautiful! It's a cool shape too, not triangular like a standard (dead) tree but more "frondy"... Anyway, Boo picked it out and she also picked out the beautiful chinese patterned pot we planted it in and I am so excited because (theorhetically) we can just move it outside (??) when we're done with the X-mas holiday celebrations and perhaps use it again next year. I, of course say perhaps because we all know I tend to kill plants faster than you can say Rice Crispy Treats ("Rice Krispy Treats!!") But I will try to make a good faith effort!

Finally, yesterday was my company holiday party. It was at Teatro Zinzanni which was grand; very festive and all that. Super-huge shout out to the fabulous Best Buddy Q for providing some quality Boo watchage. My kid loves you guys and she was so looking forward to hanging out with you! She kept saying "Is it 4:00 yet?" -- seriously, she had a really great time. Thank you sooooo much. Also thanks to Pretty Boy who was the best date a girl could want. You make me feel like a big ole girl whenever I'm around you and, dammit, I like it! Thanks for being in my life and thanks for being such a pal!

Hmmmmm...... let's see. what else...? Fixed my heater this morning. I am sooooo the gal about the house these days... OH! and my Baby Brother might be putting in an appearance next Tuesdee for a coupla days which is not only very great, but it alleviates the necessity for me to lug all their gifts to the Postal Office for shipping! Yay! Siblings rock! I strongly urge everyone to go out and get some!

K. I think that's it. Lunching today with BBQ then back to work to tie up a few party details. Nothing crucial/stress inducing... all in all I'm thinking today will be a very restful day.....

No comments: