Monday, January 05, 2004

Howdy!


Well, hello there folks. I have not written today onna counta I am tired and SWAMPED alla pona sudden here at work (I was just introduced to the New Me who I will be spending my remaining time here at SNIFF training to do a job I've held for all of 3 months... anyway, she's cute. Kind of "fresh out of Business school" but cool enough seeming. What is it about finding out that you've been replaced with someone who is essentially your opposite in every way, shape and form that is so very unnerving?? Ah well. It would be folly to expect anyone to come up with a one-to-one exact copy of anyone so complex as the Chick so I'm just going to attempt not thinking about it and see where that gets me!) Week-end was FAB-ulous. Pretty Boy pretty much rocks my world which is neat and cool (and just a little anxiety-producing but whatever...) Got to hang with the child a LOT which was also neat. We went out into the Rainstorm from Hell the other day and felt quite small and tossed about for about half an hour. Then I dropped her with the CP and me and Miss Tail hooked up for some quality hang-age with her most fabulous pup Isabel -- we heart her (MT - not Izz - although we do love the Izz an awful lot!) because she is going to teach me how to cook this year (It's my only actual resolution so it just may happen) ... We've agreed that I will learn to cook one dish a month; that that dish will not involve anything "seasonal"; that it will contain no less than 60% ingredients that have a shelf-life of forever and that it can be fully prepared in under 20 minutes! In return I'm going to "help her adjust her life attitude." Just between you and me, I think i have the easier part of the bargain!

O.K. I'm really just checking in with ya'all before heading on out so, more tomorrow maybe, if I can get away from my Shadow...

Oh, but wait, my Lovah-Lovah is back from Mad-Cow Land (Canada) which is great as he was very much missed! He's all excited about my new job because he thinks that this somehow means he has greater access to cute nekkid chicks. I'm trying to 'splain to him that "No, *I* am the only one who gets access to cute nekkid chicks!" but he's just not hearing it right now... Ah, well... somethings you've just got to learn the hard way...

No comments: