Thursday, January 08, 2004

Home stretch, Baby!


So, here we are. Last day after 2 years at SNIFF/5 years at The Firm. The Firm peepstook me out for drinkslas night and it was all jsu kind o sad. Todd said he was going but then begged off at the last minute. Probably listened to all my parting comments via a tiny hold drilled in the wall separatinghis office from the conf. room we were in and got all hurt or something "What the...??! I gave that girl the best years of her life! At least she had a JOB! Especially in THIS economy..." anyway, he popped out to say he wasn't up for drinks but we should definitely get together for lunch -- which, interestingly enough, given our particular history i think might actually be fun. Once someone ceases to have absolute power over the source by which you pay rent they sort of move from annoying to just kind of silly-sad... anyway, maybe I'm just hoping for stories of all the hardships ole Todd has had to endure (and hopefully is still enduring!) that he didn't feel comfortable sharing with an employee.... Hmmmmmmm.

The boys and I got together for group pic yesterday and it really hit home how very much these fellows entertain me and how enriching they've been to my existence here at SNIFF. I'm really hoping I can figure out how to channel SAH and his propensity for keeping in touch with ex-co-workers cause, seriously, I would be just a touch sad if through my own bizarre busy-ness, I lost track of any of my peeps here. Ah well, c'est la vie and all that. We shall see what we shall see...

In other news BBQ is off the the wilds of Guerneville to frolic in the sun with her Sweetie. I would like to state for the record that I am NOT at all jealous and that I wish her all the fun/best on her trip. There. See. Not jealous at all.

I WANT TO GO TO GUERNVILLE!!!!!! WWWAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

No comments: