Wednesday, March 17, 2004

My Bad!


Ha! It has come to my attention that that last post about "my dilema" could actually be thought to apply to two of the situations I've created for myself rather than just the one pathetic one. Quick show of hands for all those who thought I was talking about Pretty Boy? Nope. What I have with Pretty Boy is not pathetic at all. It is a freaking GODSEND! PB is for all intents and purposes my lifeline right now. Yes, he's quite probably going to stop talking to me the second some hot young thing sits him down for "the talk" but that's fine. I mean I'll be sad/bummed and stuff but seriously, I own that boy -- he's got my name etched in scar tissue on his soul, he'll never be completely gone. Besides, he deserves the kind of happiness one such as I could never provide (at least not without a substantial make-over so...). The other one, the real dilema is not so much a dilema as a reason to discust myself... In fact, you know what, I've already spent too much time obsessing about it. Done. No more on that today. (Except to say that we are NOT hanging out tonight partly because I got a better offer and partly because he called me last night after reading this thing to laugh at me! Prick.)

Now then. First have to give major props to the front neighbor. That woman somehow set up a situation where she gets to rip apart the house they're living in and rebuild it from scratch. We're talking power tools, farmer's tan, sawdust flying everywhere. I'd be jealous is I wasn't so freaking impressed...! (o.K. I'm jealous too but I'll contain myself so long as I get to watch...)

Next, big shout out to the lady at Alameda county who was gracious enough to answer my WTF!! e-mail re: why the hell we didn't get a kid (again) from them during this last little round of placementing. I try to make it a point to try to understand that it's not me personally that sometimes there are forces behind a situation that I simply don't see and/or understand but still, it's hard and I was mad and she has been nothing but sweet and is continuing to talk to me about the process at ole Alameda county so kudos to you Ms. D. You rock!

Hmmmmm. I think I'm going to actually stop here. I smell coffee brewing and the gal I need to talk to just walked in so... I'm out out out. Happy St. Pats Day, people. Make it a good one!

No comments: