Friday, May 07, 2004

Not so great today...


Today we have a headache. Just a titch of a headache -- nothing to stay home over, but an headache nonetheless. The child is not so happy either. Kind of sad and clingy. She was v. unhappy with the idea of my not staying with her while she was in class today. All day. After five years in the managed care/school system my kid actually still thinks on some level that my staying with her in class all day is an option that I just choose not to do. And, I guess she's right. If I really want to analyze it, I guess I could sit with her all day. She comes to my work to hang out with me. Hmmmm. P'raps that's what I'll do. Pick a day and just follow her around. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Now how do I set that kind of thing up?

Anyway, could be accumulated stress (lots of big life-changes coming up for discussion -- baby sister suddenly becoming a realistic possibility, school ending, just getting older in general), could be lack of sleep (we were both kind of tossey and turney last night), could be the fact that we have too damn much to do this week-end (all fun stuff but still stuff that requires doing in a relatively short amount of time), could be anything really. Combine this with the fact that I just "solved" this issue we were having with pricing this morning by suddenly paying attention to something that our Goddess IS chick had been trying to explain to me for close to an hour and which, once I actually heard what she was saying and took a quick glance at, was pretty straightforward. God. I'm suspecting that I will by-and-large be COMPLETELY WORTHLESS today. I sure as hell hope nobody needs anything important....

No comments: