Monday, November 22, 2004

Stitched! I've been stitched!!


Well. Stitch, actually. Just the one. Which, should NOT in any way cause anyone to think that having three cubic inch of flesh hacked from my body wasn't excruciatingly painful!!!! The simple fact that it took any stitches at all for me to escape the Doctor's office this morning is, in and of itself, telling...! eh. hem. anyway. So, back story here is that I have/had a freckle that was "changing shape" and as such needed to be "punch-excised" which it was and which my new favorite Dr. and I shared quite the chuckle over the naming of aforementioned procedure/implements. She says I have "tough skin." "Anyone ever tell you, you have tough skin?" Seriously. When would something like that come up? Although, I once had a boyfriend (a really very peaceful one) who put his hands around my throat and said "Wow. You'd be really easy to choke!" So I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibility that the relative toughness of my epidermous might have rated mention. I told her "Only when they're breaking up with me -- a la, 'You'll be fine; You're tough!" and she laughed which, I suppose, when one is having one's freckle "Punch-excised" may not be the best thing to incite in the person doing the punching but, heck. You only live once, right?




This week-end I had the following conversation with my 7 year old:

Her:Mommy? Is it true that you can count how many babies you're going to have based on the lines on your hand?
Me:Well, there are some people who say they can tell your future by looking at the lines in your hand and that might be part of it but it's not a one-to-one relationship.
Her:Tiana says you can.
Me:Tiana is wrong.
Her:Good.
Me:Why?
Her:She says I'm going to have six babies and I don't want to have any babies.
Me:That's fine. You don't have to.
Her:No?
Me:Nope. Just remember to use precautions when you have sex.
Her:Like those things that go on a penis?
Me:Yes.
Her:O.K.

Seven. Heaven help us all.

No comments: