Friday, October 28, 2005

Weird mood...


That is entirely related to work so not that weird really... I have a "scratch on my cornea" which was making the vision in one of my eyes all blurry/freaking me out yesterday because I thought it was a tumor or something (!!) Upon visiting my nice Optometrist, Dr. Michael Jackson (I KNOW!) over on Broadway, however, I was disabused of that belief, yelled at (again) about my inability to get my lazy-ass self to an opthamologist to get my "possibly glaucomatic" condition checked out and instructed to buy "smaller" frames that "actually fit my face." What is it about me that the world thinks it gets to boss me around?? Anyway. (that last statement was ENTIRELY untrue, BTW. I am often a little taken aback by the fact that the world actually leaves me mostly alone most of the time -- even going out of it's way to occasionally cross the street and avoiding eye contact when it sees me coming...)

In other news, the much looked forward to nuptials of the world's best God-Uncle to the Boo, Mistah L-L to his nubian queen K. have been postponed due to "acts of god" which, given that the cermony itself was supposed to represent one of those, I'm not sure what to make of but... I will leave that to the theologians in the crowd and instead report the upshot -- that being that I will not be going to Mexico to sit around on a sandy beach and quaff fruity drinks any time soon. No worries though! The wedding has been re-scheduled so 1) I can rest assured that this isn't some elaborate ruse cooked up by the primary parties to explain away some sudden dislike for each other/the whole archaic institution and 2) I didn't wanna go anyway...!jk.

This morning as I walked the Boo to school one of her second grade acquaintances marched up to me and announced "I'm going to be catwoman!" "Great!" I responded before thinking "Oh! You mean for halloween!" Aforementioned child then inquired "Are you gay?" Causing her mother to DIE right there on the playground. I, of course offered up a "Yup, Sure am!" Before making extended eyecontact with her red-faced mom and grinning like a crazy lady. Ha! Seriously. Kids are great. How the hell do we turn them into such incredibly screwed up adults???

Pretty boy is back from Tahiti and has agreed to treat me to lots of fully illustrated stories for which I cannot wait!

And lastly, quick shout-out to BBQ who although she probably knows it not, is, I am positive, going to be one of the small handful of reasons I do not completely abandon grad school... Anyway.

No comments: