Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!


Cliche, yes but heartfelt nontheless! I would like to take a moment to thank whomever is responsible for all of this for giving me such a great life. Thank you for my amazing friends, for my perfect children, for my wonderful family, for my really great job and for allowing me to live a life in which I have access to pretty much every single thing I need to be happy and content 99.998% of the time. ( Now then. First there's this. Not that it's in any way done (the search, for instance, routinely returns "0" items even if you type in exact names and/or item numbers...) but it's live, goddamit which means I can start sleeping nights instead of testing, bug-fixing, planning, composing freaked out e-mails, worrying, scarfing kit kats like they're going out of style etc. etc. etc. Whew. I don't think I've ever been so glad to see something "done". Speaking of done. It just occured to me yesterday as I was signing up for my next semester's classes that THIS IS MY LAST SEMESTER OF CLASSES!!!!!!!! At the end of this semester I am through with coursework. I am supposed to know, write down and defend my dissertation topic. I am supposed to have a plan in place for conducting experiments on unsuspecting human subjects. I am supposed to be well into my lit review. i am supposed to be buckling down and writing on a daily basis in a thought-out, informed way on what will eventually be my freaking disertation! WTF????? Who got me into this mess and where the hell are they now?

In other news, I'm being sent to Boston on Monday for a few days by the GM. Not sure why I'm going. I suspect it may be because everyone else actually does work/is indispensible but who knows. I hear it's 13 degrees out there. Nice.

No comments: