Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ass-whooping by 5th grade math problems,take one!


Jesus H. Chris on a shingle! I just spent 45 minutes on the internet trying to figure out wtf GCD and LCM were so I could help Boo with her homework. I actually thought I had figured out the LCM part pretty well but then her last homework question completely stumped me. Seriously. It's 5th grade math! She's not even half done with school and i am of no further use to her (not like i ever really was but this latest just throws the obviousness of that fact into stark relief.) God. Me=useless.

Anyways.... At least the world at large is still pretty nice. I was trying to fix this thing on my car and this VERY nice kid/young gentleman who had been watching the whole spectacle with a VERY concerned look on his face totally offered (in a really nice, un-macho -- well, kind of macho but not condescending!) to help me "tighten my bolt or whatever..." Sweet! And adorable too. See,this is one of the many reasons why I cannot teach High School. I just love that whole High School Senior/just starting college age waaaaaayyyyyy too much. I mean, I'm pretty sure I could stay away from anything horrifically inappropriate (and clearly stated to be illegal) but honestly, I'd be hard-pressed to understand why i can't just invite the whole damn lot of them over for beer and movies. (Yup. I'd be THAT teacher. The one who's a little too close to the students for parental comfort but who hasn't actually sparked any scandals. Yet.) Also sweet, while this nice young person was helping me with my nut (tee hee) my other neighbors were also hanging about with worried faces wondering if I was o.k. and offering up the services of their "brother who's a mechanic..." Sweet, i say sweet!!!!! alrighty, gotta go cause the world's mos perfect GF has just arrived but more tomorrow on the delightfulness of re-visiting a well-stocked storage unit!

No comments: