Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"You know, some people use rings to say all of that...."


Me:[feeling snuggly and warm and possesive as hell!] you know what? i don't want anyone else in the world to think they stand a chance with you. i want everyone to know you're mine. i want you to get "Chick's!" tattooed on your forehead or embroidered onto a jacket that you wear ALL the time or laminated onto your bike or car or binder or something just so it's clear to anyone who crosses your path that you are taken!

QBGF: You know, some people use rings to say all of that.

Me: ...

QBGF:[smiling] Just saying.

I am soooooo in love with my Girlfriend. Completely, stupidly and scarily and NOT just because of the awesome sex! (well.... o.k. it's possible that that particular interaction is tinting my outlook but, seriously.... the boot-knocking could be HALF as good and I'd still be crazy stupid about that girl!)

Alrighty. Glad to have gotten that out of my system. Where were we? Ah, yes, work is wierd. I'm trying to "transition" out of my current position into a less stupid one but it's a little tricky because 1) part of the reason i want to switch over is so i dont' have to deal with the crazy owner of the company BUT the new position is one he's suddenly interested in "working very closely with" so... not sure if that's actually going to solve anything. and 2) I'm still trying to get the h-e-double hockey sticks out of here altogether so part of me wonders why bother switching .... i mean, i'm still gonna try because the work is actually more fun in the other position but... i wish i was away completely is all.

Salud! to Travelin' Man who has officially left for the other side of the planet where he will remain up to his neck in snow for then next year or so. Good luck, god speed and good riddance! Please drop a note every now and again so i know the polar bears haven't gotten you. (Doubt if there are PB's in that part of the world but whatever. Me=ignorant American and proud of it, dammit!)

Speaking of world travelers, also got a call from DB who is learning all that the Japanese street kids can teach him vis a vis using a skateboard to attack things. It is my understanding that thier little Tokyo sojourn ends on the 27th so looking forward to having him back on this continent (strangely, I might add. Who'd a thunk the mere act of getting a job/getting the hell away from me for a minute would help me realize how quality a friend our little DB can be...??? I know. i'm just as surprised by it all as anyone. We'll see how quickly we shift back to mutual loathing once he's back on our friendly shores!)

hmmmm. I think that's it really. life is generally good. the kids are doing well. Puppy is a superstar and is doing well with overall training.... K. that's it for now then. More later when i'm a little more inspired.

No comments: