Monday, December 10, 2007

Nothing says "Happy Hanukkah" like moving!


First, a much belated HH to all my ethnically Jewish/practicing Jewish/just plain interested in/coupled with Jewish-peeps friends -- BBQ, J., Little A-Rose, Miss Tail... Mazeltov, my angels. Salud! (And yes, I do realize that in the grand scheme of major Jewish festivities this is a relatively minor one, still, i'm finding the ranks of my Jewish-holiday celebrating friends and their loved-ones increasing so I'm trying to get a bit more "up" on the occassions to wish luck, prosperity and overall happy times to folks!)

Next a HUGE thank you to the peeps who assisted with the move this past week-end. First and foremost, Mistah L-L, you are a rockstar sent directly from heaven to remind me of all that is wonderful! Thanks you sooooooo much for your assistance with the Van, the peeps, the gas... just pretty much all of it. (Especially the final mental postcard of you on the bus with the Baby Bratz in one hand and a juice cup in your pocket! Tee hee!) I could NOT have survived the week-end without you. (Also a shout-out to Jesus and Fernando who actually did most of the heavy lifting. Again with the rock-stars. Again with the huge sweeping thanks so very much!) In terms of kid coverage so moving could happen without large heavy things getting inadvertantly placed on top of small, innocent people -- Bees, you again completely rock with the Spark watch-age; I do NOT know what i'd do without you! Much thanks also to the Boo Best Friend's peeps for providing some quality big girl care and tons of gratitude to the eternally adored Miss Tail for providing a little respite at the final hour yesterday eve. You are all wonderful and amazing and i owe you all BIG!

(I should also add in here that without the unerring attention/insane amounts of stamina/just plain perfection-incarnateness of my QBGF, i truly would not be here right now writing to you people. I know i'm lucky but, my gosh, there were so many individual moments this week-end when I think the full compliment of how incredibly lucky i am washed over me and... well... let's just say, if i didn't already have this girl for my very own, i'd be doing everytihing in my power to GET her!)

So, move = mostly done. All the big/mostly necessary stuff has been transferred to the new digs and although there is still a significant amount of smaller crap to sort through and/or dispose of (plus the two houses still waiting to be dismantled) I'm feeling good about what we managed to accomplish....

No comments: