Monday, December 03, 2007

Sad.


No new job for me. Well, no new job for anyone else there either apparently. The nice folks at the place i wanted to become intimate with just (JUST) realized that they are, in fact hemorrhaging money and will not be filling positions any time soon. And, while i'm tempted to think this is all just a grandiose excuse to let me down gently, they sounded pretty sincere vis a vis apologies (lots of "we love you! Everyone here LOVES you....") and asked that i please "check back" in February or whatever when they get their next round of funding. Still.... much blah, blah, blah, with the final upshot being me still stuck in Paly. Ah well. At least I still have a job to hate while i continue to look. ;-)

In other news, me and the kid have been having a very interesting hemline debate lately. She (4.5 y.o.) loves short, tight skirts. LOVES them. Tight shorts too. and unitards with the legs rolled up with sleeveless shirts. Are we sensing a theme here? My kid is waaaaay into maximum extremity exposure at all times. Which is fine in the summer. It is not summer. It is winter. Meaning that i am in a position of saying "oh no, not in that you don't! You are not leaving the house until you put some clothes on young lady and I mean it!" Does anyone else see the colossal irony in these particular words coming out of MY mouth??? anyone?

Then finally the week-end = great. The Bees once again stepped up with some quality kidcare sos me and the little lady could go out and celebrate the greatness that is Mrs. L-L, aka K. with the rest of the pretty people and that was super nice. Also nice to get to spend some "quality" time with the GalPal who I haven't exactly been allowed to touch due to sickness/scheduling/etc. for weeks...! Which is just sad but which was more than made up for {heh, heh, wink, wink}! And, of course, the added bonus with the subsequent kid pick-up being that i was then fortunate enough to catch the tail end of a phone convo with the always charming Travelin' Man who is spending some quality time extremely close to one of the poles. (not sure which. I was never much good at geography.) Other than that, lots of painting/house preparation/curtain purchasing got done. Little Big Girl was GREAT throughout and I think we may actually be in a position to really start moving stuff on Sat.!! (I know. crazy talk but I gotta dream!)

k. i think that's it for now. My big Big Girl comes home from NYC tonight so I'm looking forward to that in a pretty big way. Also looking forward to sleeping but I'm not gonna get all hopeful over that one. I mean, i may still be trapped in a job I can't stand but at least i'm not delusional! ;-]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG.. The irony of that statement made me laugh so hard I almost wet myself. Have Spark call me... I will tell her some stories about her mama back in the day....
How about some of those long sweaters... you know a layered look?? You can help her here I am sure that you have an trick of two up your sleeve;)
Take care
BBQ