Sunday, March 30, 2008

From famine to feast apparently!


So... yay me! I am pleased to announce that thanks entirely to the hard sell "please-employ-her-because-we're-sick-of-listening-to-her-whine!" testimonials put in by my wonderful references, I have re-joined the ranks of the mostly employed!! And whom, I hear you asking, is my lucky employer-nouveau? Well, technically the nice shoe peeps own the majority of my time but I've also by some feat of gymnastics managed to retain the other offer as a potential client as well! i know! Not super sure how this all came together but the Birken-peeps decided they wanted me as a "consultant" with a "long term contract" instead of a regular employee so I'm free to set my own damn schedule (plus they're offering to pay me a hell of whole lot more as a consultant and while I'm not sure I understand the financials of that transaction but I'm not arguing either!) and as such am free to also entertain part-time consultant work for other clients who may or may not feel slightly devastated that they simply cannot afford me but whom I wish to remain in contact with as there may or may not be another opening that is alot closer to my desired "pay range" that might be opening up within the year! {sigh} Honestly, it's all still sort of foggy but I'm signing papers with the one on Tuesday and having further conversations with the other on Thursday so, for all intents and purposes, it all seems to be working out just spiffily. Now... about that paper i'm supposed to have done....

No comments: