Thursday, May 01, 2008

Weird


Wow. So because I am a young(ish) hip, urban professional in IT; I, of course, belong to a series of networking sites which means that every so often I'll get an e-mail completely out of the blue from an old friend along these lines:

"Hello there! I realize you haven't heard from me in the last bazillion years but just wanted to check in and let you know I'm in Boston getting my Masters in Clinical Social Work, married to a wonderful lady who is getting her Masters in Public Policy at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and doing fabulously. The kid is completely grown up, happy, healthy and living with his dad in Louisiana. In addition to all of that, I just had a project proposal approved by some hugely important thinktank so I'll be quitting work soon so I can concentrate on developing it. How're you ?"

I'm paraphrasing, of course, but still. Way to throw a person for a loop.

No comments: