Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Let's see...


Where was I...... Ah, yes. The life. The life is trundling along. Things are a squeach INSANE at work but mostly because there's just one whole hell of a lot to do to support the various departments and only one little me to do it so..... I'm sort of always behind on something major but the rest of the package (great co-workers, on-site Big Girl after-school care, flexible hours, fabulous building/location, etc. etc.) is still so nice I think it'll balance out.

I'm also behind on finalizing my dissertation so i can turn the damn thing in and be done with it but I'm hoping/trying to take care of that this month. [fingers crossed]

In happier news: my BBQ is back from her million-year rip around the world. I swear, I don't see her all that often but gosh darn it, I sure do like having her close!

The Girls are starting school in little over A WEEK which is impossibly exciting to me and I think to them as well so that's fun.

The WIFE continues to be great despite my growing crankiness as the competing needs re: the rest of the world continue to mount up which I'm sure is making me a little insufferable and certainly a lot more tired -- regardless, she's adorable and sweet and I love her, plus now she can't leave without risking half her CDs so that's kind of cool as well!

And lastly, I know this hasn't had much play here on the blog but the CP is ALSO getting married, At the end of this month, in fact to a delightful woman who I think very highly of so that's kind of cool to. In fact, I'm kind of thinking that the balance of things right this second is definitely skewing toward basically sweet/nice/good so.... Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be wrong for me to just hover close to you guys at the ceremony? I'm going to need someone to calm me down....the little ones are good with cameras, right? Maybe I'll just give them my camera.

Anonymous said...

Now now, I think you need to keep this in perspective and see it for what it really is -- yet another opportunity to practice that crazy little thing you call picture-taking before OUR event in Oct. ;-)