Monday, April 20, 2009

Ah, Spring...


K. so i was pretty excited about all the sun and nice weather and whatnot but now I am officially a whimp/over the heat. And we're not even getting started! K. nuff of that. Just needed to get the minor whining out of the way so as to better embrace the loveliness of the rest of the life! Week-end was fabulous. A little sad around the edges since we lost the Big Big Girl for a big chunk of it but I suppose I have to get used to the "we-must-have-her-for-orientation!" demands of her new fancy-pants program sooner or later; might as well start sooner. Super nice hanging out with the rest of the fam though. Got to see my sexy, sporty Wife stare down an actual tennis match opponent which was a-dorable! er...ah... I mean fierce! I thank the good lord in his or her heaven though that I had the foresight to bring someone actually capable of carrying on a sports related conversations so, thanks to the Fabulous Arg I was ultimately able to just rest on my proverbial laurels and do what I do best: looking cute, being suitably impressed when shown some impressive tennis move -- like actually getting the ball OVER the net! -- and giving the ole hairy eyeball to the pinkshirts and their alleged "team" of ringers since, CLEARLY the wife wasn't doing a very good job of it! I mean her tennis is great but her game-face needs a little work. They were all like that though. Seriously, this is why girls shouldn't play competitive sports. They're all "Are you ready?" and "No, you go first!" and "Let me get that ball for you!" I mean, I get that really this is just a big ole game of pickup (and I DON'T mean Baskeet-ball!) but still! I wanna see a little trash being thrown around!!!! At any rate, she (Wife) = cute/hot. Me and friend Arg sitting around on lawn chairs in the shade watching her = fun! I think I coud get used to being a professional athlete's Wife! ;-)

Then home to do some serious birthday party planning which is CLEARLY going to be the swim event of the season and finally ending with a lovely little wander around the block with the kids and their bikes. Yay. I like my life.

No comments: